[Wine] Re: Wine lags A LOT when programs are started—and getting worse

crtbt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 13 02:21:39 CDT 2009

After digging around a bit more I found that my users.reg file was 436 MB, something which I'm guessing isn't normal.  In the Registry Editor the alex-desktop\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-4\Software\Winamp\in_vorbis folder is the one that takes forever to load, but once I get inside there don't seem to be any exceptionally long entries.  Maybe Winamp is dumping garbage in the registry file, but this garbage can't be read by the regeditor or something like that?

Winamp being involved does make sense now that I think about it.  The problems did start happening not long after I installed it, and if it was slowly adding more and more garbage to the file I wouldn't have noticed it right away.  Tomorrow I'll have to try opening the file in a text editor to see what's in there.