[Wine] Re: WINE and security devices (dongles)

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 16 19:26:09 CDT 2009

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> - to overcome the defrag problem TrueCAD can also use a parallel port
> dongle, which I've used with it for quite a while. Can applications
> running under WINE access these things? If so are there any
> restrictions? In particular, does CUPS block access to them?

Wine can access parallel port as long as you have set correct permissions on /dev/lp0. That's your best option.

Writing anything to the disk at specific sectors won't work at all or will have a danger of corrupting some data outside of Wine. ext3 (or whatever filesystem you are using) has nothing in common with fat other then storing files.