[Wine] Sound Problem

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 18 10:11:08 CDT 2009

>Zinnoc wrote:
>> Hello guys, i have a sound problem with Wine 1.0.1
>
>Try upgrading to latest Wine version (wine-1.1.27). If problems persist try disabling pulseaudio (see sticky post).

And let us know what happens. Disabling pulseaudio, and success therefrom, changes day to day for me. I was doing great until a couple of days ago.
V... what is the address of the sticky-post?
BTW --- Ubuntu now has a menu in System / Preferences / Startup Applications
You can uncheck pulseaudio, and it won't start when you boot up. If you primarily use wine and other applications (such as Audacity) that don't like pulseaudio, this could be a good thing.
It could be... if it worked. Mine didn't, and I filed a bug with Ubuntu.