[Wine] Will WINE help me get the internet on Puppy Linux?

RabbitWho wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 18 13:11:17 CDT 2009

I'm currently trying to swap a very old computer over to Puppy Linux so that it will work better. Puppy installed fine and is working beautifully and i have no problems except that I can't get the Internet to work.

My computer:

10 year old IBM Aptiva
Windows XP
Intel Pentium 3 - 499 MHz,
192MB RAM,
12 GB hard drive (7GB free)

My internet:

3g Dongel HUAWEI Model:E160g

This dongel contains software for windows and mac that automatically installs, (actually it doesn't even work properly on mac, but that's not important)  but it's not supported on linux

Is there a way for me to get that software from windows to linux (my drive is partitioned and semi dual booted (Puppy Linux is unique in that it allows you to run from the live cd but still save things and save changes onto your hard drive)
And will WINE help me to do this?

I assume I'll have to run wine from puppy linux so is it possible to download it on windows and save it to a cd so that I can run it in puppy?

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give me. Help me save the life of my computer!