[Wine] Will WINE help me get the internet on Puppy Linux?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:21:10 CDT 2009

2009/8/18 dimesio <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:

>> So we know ubuntu can recognize it, is there away to just apply that to Puppy?

> You really need to ask that on your distro's support forum; it is not a Wine question.

The answer is "if you install all the stuff Ubuntu uses to manage it."
Which makes it not very small.

Basically, it's a Puppy question, as Dimesio says.

Just to be extra-helpful: here's a thread on murga-linux where a
developer adds support for these 3G dongles to Puppy:
http://is.gd/2nmzL - presumably that forum will have people who know
the distro and can help with problems.

>> Next question : Will wine even work on puppy linux? What version of it should I download? It's pretty different from Ubuntu i'm guessing and not debian based.

> Have you checked your distro's repositories for Wine packages?  If they don't provide one, you may have to build it from source.

http://www.puppylinux.org/wiki/software-applications/utilities/wine

(list on our software download page?)

- d.