[Wine] installing MS Office Project 2007 from trial disc

frenzy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 18 22:16:21 CDT 2009

Hello,

I can't get setup.exe to install Microsoft Office Project 2007 on Xubuntu Jaunty 9.04 using Wine 1.0.1. At first the installation box will open, and I may see a hint of the colorful Office 2007 logo; but then a small box opens and says "Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run Setup again from the original source disc or download location." I've tried installing as XP, 2003 and Vista, and I've tried everyway mentioned in the FAQ to run in terminal. I can get a real version Thursday, but I just wanted to test this trial tonight. This isn't a homemade CD; it's a Microsoft CD that came with my schoolbook and a Product Key even.