[Wine] Installation problem on Debian Lenny (libfontconfig).

russian.qwerty wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 20 02:24:55 CDT 2009

On Debian Lenny 5.0.2 with standard distros:

Code:
debian# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian lenny main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib
deb-src http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib

In standard distros I found only wine 1.0.1.
According "Wine for Debian Lenny, Squeeze and Sid":

Code:
debian# apt-get remove libwine wine
debian# echo "deb http://www.lamaresh.net/apt lenny main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
debian# wget -O - http://www.lamaresh.net/apt/key.gpg | apt-key add -
debian# apt-get update && apt-get install wine

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  wine: Depends: libfontconfig but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

debian# dpkg --list | grep libfontconfig
ii  libfontconfig1                       2.6.0-3                    generic font configuration library - runtime

I see that many people are faced with that problem, but there is no solution yet.
I have the same error during installation from .deb package.