[Wine] WINE and NVIDIA issues - scrolling away from fullscreen

Wintershade wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 20 10:38:02 CDT 2009

Hi everybody :)
I seem to have a problem with my WINE running fullscreen applications, such as games. When I start, say, a fullscreen game, it does start in fullscreen, but if I move my mouse to the right or bottom edge of the screen, the game screen "scrolls away", and I'm shown my desktop (at a lower resolution). When I pull my mouse/touchpad back to the left or upper edge, the screen returns.
I'd love to post screenshots of this, but those show nothing useful :(
(which leads me to a suspicion there might me something wrong with my display configuration - but this is only a suspicion.)

It happens regardless of Compiz or any other window manager, and regardless of the "Graphics" settings in winecfg. This is only the case with WINE; I've tried some native fullscreen games, which work flawlessly.
This is really annoying, as it renders most of the games unplayable.

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics card, and am running the 64-bit Arch Linux. Here's my xorg.conf (http://pastebin.com/m5136eb18) and my Xorg.0.log (http://pastebin.com/m7b37c665).

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me with this. Thanks!