[Wine] Error Result=1 on install...

jondavey wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 21 08:48:18 CDT 2009

Hi, I just tried to install WINE. I first tried from a terminal but I couldn't navagate to;
home/jon/desktop
for some reason. I'm not too adept on the command line so I tried to install directly from the downloaded file. Everything looked good until I got this ;

<top/wine_1.1.27~winehq1-1_i386.deb' ;echo RESULT=$?
(Reading database ... 158114 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace wine 1.1.27~winehq1-1 (using .../wine_1.1.27~winehq1-1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement wine ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of wine:
 wine depends on libfontconfig; however:
  Package libfontconfig is not installed.
dpkg: error processing wine (--install):
Processing triggers for man-db ...
 wine
RESULT=1

Does anyone know what this means and how I might get wine installe on my system?
Thanks, JOn.