[Wine] Re: vcredist_x86.exe - "Unable to find a volume for . . .&q

fuzzylunkinz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 21 15:08:59 CDT 2009

My "C:" is at "~/.wine/dosdevices/" but is a link to "~/.wine/drive_c/".

I have completely deleted my .wine folder several times and tried multiple different times.  You can see in the first part of my provided logs it says:

Code:

ine: created the configuration directory '/home/user/.wine'

I don't think creating the "~/.wine/harddiskvolume0" makes much of a difference, but the only reason I think that is because I read it in a comment in winetricks in the load_vcrun2008sp1 function:

Code:

load_vcrun2008sp1() {
    # This should be fixed in recent Wine, but for those using 1.0.1, fails.
    volnum

    # Load the Visual C++ 2008 SP1 runtime libraries
    # See http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2
    download vcrun2008sp1 http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/d/9/dd9a82d0-52ef-40db-8dab-795376989c03/vcredist_x86.exe 6939100e397cef26ec22e95e53fcd9fc979b7bc9
    try $WINE "$WINETRICKS_CACHE"/vcrun2008sp1/vcredist_x86.exe $WINETRICKS_QUIET
}

Using winetricks doesn't work anyway.  It gives the same error.