[Wine] IE7

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 22:10:04 CDT 2009

Ok was able to get flash working, incase someone else wants to know:

Instructions for IE7 with Flash mainly for Steam:

./winetricks comctl32 comctl32.ocx corefonts gdiplus msls31 msxml3 msxml4
msxml6 riched20 riched30 tahoma fontfix liberation tahoma mfc40 mfc42 msls31
pdh riched20 riched30 tahoma urlmon wininet native_mdac ole2 (following 2
optional, needed for certain games) vcrun2005sp1 vb6run

Get the following DLL's from a valid Windows XP machine and place in
.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/

msctf.dll
msimtf.dll
uxtheme.dll
xmllite.dll

cp msctf.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
cp msimtf.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
cp uxtheme.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
cp xmllite.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/

head to
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9AE91EBE-3385-447C-8A30-081805B2F90B&displaylang=en
and download     IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

run:

wine IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe
(uncheck Install Latest Updates for Internet Explorer.... when you get to
that screen)

Let it install, click Restart Now

At this point your override DLL's should look like:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DllOverrides]
"comctl32"="native,builtin"
"gdiplus"="native"
"msxml3"="native,builtin"
"odbc32"="native,builtin"
"odbccp32"="native,builtin"
"riched20"="native,builtin"
"riched32"="native,builtin"
"urlmon"="native,builtin"
"wininet"="native,builtin"

(or with winecfg under libraries)

We are gonna manually add some more, open winecfg, click libraries tab and
make sure your libraries look like:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DllOverrides]
"browseui"="native,builtin"
"comctl32"="builtin"
"crypt32"="native,builtin"
"gdiplus"="native"
"hhctrl.ocx"="native,builtin"
"hlink"="native,builtin"
"iernonce"="native,builtin"
"iexplore.exe"="native,builtin"
"itircl"="native,builtin"
"itss"="native,builtin"
"jscript"="native,builtin"
"mlang"="native,builtin"
"mshtml"="native,builtin"
"msimtf"="native,builtin"
"msvcrt"="builtin"
"msxml3"="native,builtin"
"odbc32"="native,builtin"
"odbccp32"="native,builtin"
"oleaut"="builtin"
"riched20"="native,builtin"
"riched32"="native,builtin"
"secur32"="native,builtin"
"shdoclc"="native,builtin"
"shdocvw"="native,builtin"
"shlwapi"="native,builtin"
"url"="native,builtin"
"urlmon"="native,builtin"
"usp10"="native,builtin"
"uxtheme"="native,builtin"
"wininet"="native,builtin"
"wintrust"="native,builtin"

(Now this is where I installed Steam just to make sure it was working with
IE7 installed)

http://cdn.steampowered.com/download/SteamInstall.msi

Now for flash

wget
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp10_archive.zip

unzip fp10_archive.zip

cd fp10_archive/10r32_18/

wine flashplayer10r3218_winax.ece.exe

Now for me flash works but it's slow.  Trying to figure out how to get
faster native flash (however everytime i do it f's the wine install)

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell