[Wine] Half Life 2, major problems

Stupidrobots wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 23 10:41:51 CDT 2009

Hello!

I'm sort of upset that I can't seem to get this all working properly because it has a platinum rating.

I'm trying to run Half Life 2 and other steam games and I get serious issues running it.  Major graphcial glitches, flickering textured, etc.

Additionally, when I close the game it crashes Xorg all the way down to an unresponsive black screen, forcing me to manually power cycle the computer.

Here's my specs:

WINE 1.1.27
Mint 7 Gloria
AMD Turion 64
ATI RADEON 2400HD mobile
fglrx driver

This has been a consistent problem and I just cannot seem to shake it!  Please help!  I don't want to dual boot windows just to play a game!