[Wine] No Audio Control Panel Implemented

UniqueOperator wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 23 11:25:58 CDT 2009

After hours of searching, I give up and will ask for directions.

runing wine 1.1.27 on Ubuntu 9.04 on a T-23 Thinkpad using the onboard sound card and a Plantronics DSP-500 headset. After days of searching I finally got both to work, but limitation in Ubuntu will not allow both to work at the "same time". One or the other.  Plantronics only works in a mixed mode ALSA and OSS unfortunetly, but it works!!

Applications under wine have no sound at all with either sound device but will play and work with linux native applications.

My wine configuration for Audio is set for alsa. The "test" button does not work but Ubuntu give a "key press" "clunk" sound via the Ubuntu active sound device. The "control panel" button only give a error popup box with "Launching audio contorl panel not implemented yet!".

searches on google, Ubuntu, and this site give no exact matches not relivent results (after much reading). No clues.

So lacking input from the sources it appears to me that something is missing with respect to wine.

Any help would be appreciated to fill in the gaps. I'm not a command line guru but can launch the terminal and do sudo.