[Wine] Re: Half Life 2, major problems

Stupidrobots wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 23 20:54:08 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> Stupidrobots wrote:
> > I'm trying to run Half Life 2 and other steam games and I get serious issues running it.  Major graphcial glitches, flickering textured, etc.
>
> Runs fine here with wine-1.1.28 and nVidia card.
>
> Most likely your video drivers are not installed properly. Also time to throw away that ATI POS and get real hardware.

I'd love to drop 50 bucks and just get an nvidia card as the ati seems to be the source of all my trouble, but this is a laptop and it's not easy (impossible) to upgrade it.

as far as I can tell, all  my display drivers are installed correctly as I can play linux-native 3d games fine.  How can I figure out how to get around this?  It's extremely obnoxious.