[Wine] Redirecting output from Linux-binaries called by wine

Hagen Fuchs hagen.fuchs at physik.tu-dresden.de
Mon Aug 24 11:02:36 CDT 2009

Dear wine-users,

I am experimenting with wine's (wine-1.0.1) ability to interface with
native Unix programs, as in

    $ wineconsole /bin/echo hi
    hi

What I would like to do is something like the following.

Create a batch file that calls a Unix-command (in this case `ssh`) and
redirects output to a file.  Consider, for example, the following lines
in a file called 'ssh.bat':

    /usr/bin/ssh %* pwd > wine.out

Now running

    wineconsole ssh.bat user at host > linux.out

shortly creates an empty (wine) command prompt window and closes it
again in an instant (I've set up public-key authentication).  The
output is:

    $ cat linux.out
    /home/user

    $ cat wine.out

The problem is, that I'd like to use the `ssh` output on the wine level.
For that the above output would've to be reversed.

I don't believe that this is possible, but I dislike guessing and prefer
asking a competent body of users and developers.  Thus, I'll submit to
your good judgement :)

Thanks,
  Hagen