[Wine] Re: Wrong JPEG version?

Das Letzte Einhorn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 25 09:08:06 CDT 2009

felix wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 01:07:21AM -0500, vitamin wrote:
>

> > Das Letzte Einhorn wrote:
> >
> > > Wrong JPEG library version: library is 62, caller expects 70
> > >

> > Wine doesn't have such message, must be some wrong libraries
> > installed in your system. Check and make sure that 32-bit
> > library version matches 64-bit.
> >

> Have you run 'revdep-rebuild' to insure that any changes to libraries
> when you last updated have filtered through to any other libraries built
> against them? (i.e. this looks like a Gentoo specific problem)
>
> --
> Darragh
>
> "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Running revdep-rebuild found nothing wrong. I have also found a jpeg-compat package, which I installed:

*  media-libs/jpeg-compat
      Latest version available: 6b
      Latest version installed: 6b
      Size of files: 620 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.ijg.org/
      License:       as-is

Unfortunately, despite recompiling wine after installing the jpeg-compat package, I still get the wrong JPEG version message. Do you have other suggestions?