[Wine] Wrong JPEG version?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:35:00 CDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Das Letzte
Einhorn<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> John Drescher wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Vincent
>> Povirk<madewokherd+8cd9 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I can't find any evidence that jpeg-compat is meant for 32-bit compatibility.
>> >
>> > From the ebuild (not that I'm particularly good at reading those), it
>> > doesn't appear to install any headers. And without headers, Wine
>> > certainly can't link to it properly.
>> >

>> I suspect the problem is the headers are installed from the 64 bit
>> jpeg-7 package and the compat package is jpeg-6.
>>
>> The interesting thing is I just found a solution (to the emul-libs
>> problems) that should solve this issue as well.
>>
>> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-774035-highlight-.html
>>
>> John
>

> I am not sure to understand the solution you are suggesting me to try. Are you referring to the multilib USE flag?

Look at gimpel's post.

Install the overlay in his first link. If you do not know how to do
that look at the documentation for overlays and layman.

Then remove all your emul-linux libs.

Add http://gimpel.ath.cx/~tom/multilib.conf to your /etc/portage/package.use

Then update
emerge -auDvN world

This way you will have a 32 bit jpeg-7 library and also other wine
requirements.

You can also edit the
/usr/portage/profiles/arch/amd64/package.use.mask file to activate
gnutls and other use flags that gentoo disabled for x64.

This last step would help if you were using the wine-9999 ebuild to
install the .git version.

John