[Wine] Will Wine let me load iTunes in Ubuntu 9.04

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 09:16:34 CDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 2:55 AM, Scunnered<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I am attempting to totally move away from Windows and my main stumbling block is iTunes.  I have been using it to download talking books to an iPod as I was suffering from cateracts.  I had a look at gktpod but it fell well short of my needs.
>
> If I download Wine from the Ubuntu repository will I then be able to download iTunes and obtain the functionality that I require?
>
> Thanking you in anticipation

You'd have to patch wine for it. The installer is currently broken
(there's a hack on the AppDB for version 8), though IIRC 7 may work
now. iPod support isn't done yet, but there's a patch on the wiki on
http://wiki.winehq.org/USB.

How well it works, couldn't say. I'd say use Windows in a vm that
supports USB for iTunes.

--
-Austin