[Wine] Re: Will Wine let me load iTunes in Ubuntu 9.04

Scunnered wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 26 13:41:14 CDT 2009

Austin

If the installer is down at the moment I will rather wait and see what develops.  I am reasonably new to Ubuntu and therefore Wine so am unsure what is involved.

As there is an update to Ubuntu due in October I will wait and see what happens then.  It might be possible that the updated Wine is in the repository by then.

dimesio

OK the C drive is a fake and when I browse it it shows up 2 folders. Program files and Windows. Program opens up with further folders Common and IE. The Common file is empty and IE is an .exe file.  The Windows file opens up and displays varying sub-folders a lot of which are showing a system 32 folder and also others with reference to 32 in their name.  Although I asked that the iTunes be opened by Wine there does not appear to be any sign of the iTunes in any of the folders.  Any idea where it might hide?

I downloaded the iTunes for XP 64 should I try again by downloading the 32 bit version or as my Ubuntu is 64 bit am I going to find further conflicts?

What best guidance can you offer ?  Should I wait until October and keep begging or borrowing XP just for iTunes or what?

My thanks to you both for your kind assistance.