[Wine] Re: Counter strike source NOT loading

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 26 19:47:49 CDT 2009

spillage wrote:
> I have spent a couple hours looking around and after turning off steam comunity in-game I have now got the splash page on loading. But seems to freeze. Spent too much time on this tonight so will have another go tomorrow.
>
> Spill

The first thing to do now is to upgrade Wine. I have hit some nasty bugs on versions above 22, but those are related to my applications and shouldn't bother you.

However what _should_ bother you is that a steam update uncovered a bug in Wine which made it almost impossible to launch games. I think you're running into this particular bug which crashes ALL of Wine (wineservers). Do any other wine apps crash too?

Either way, upgrading Wine should have that bug fixed. Besides that, it's always good to have an up-to-date wine!

Best of luck,

Jorl17