[Wine] Dark Age of Camelot - daocsetup.exe

Wryson wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 27 15:06:24 CDT 2009

I am currently running WINE on the latest version of ubuntu and wine 1.1.28. I am currently playing Dark Age of Camelot w/ the Catacombs client and it works great! I am trying to get the client to update w/ the new client download found @ http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/download/ using the full client download. This should install the full game w/ all of the expansions. I download the file daocsetup.exe. I run it, and I can get though the EULA. It will ask me where to install the file and the default path has the install button greyed out. The default location is C:\progam files\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\. If I select the location that the Catacombs client is installed the install light is still greyed out. I have tried to create a folder called Electronic Arts in the program files folder and the install button will light up. I clicke install, and it seems to install the .exe and a few other files. I try to run the .exe and it generates a few more files and then stops. I tried to copy the files from my catacombs client to the Electronic Arts folder and run the exe and it thinks for a minute and dies. I have tried copying the files that daocsetup.exe created and put them where the catacombs client is located and it does the same thing. The patcher never launches, what it appears to be trying to do is the new .exe is supposed to launch the patcher and the patcher will dload the the rest of the game. Any one have any luck getting the install to work? or have any idea what I need to do to get the updated client/expansions?

Let me know if there is any other info needed.

Thanks,
Wryson