[Wine] wine does n't open

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Thu Aug 27 16:03:14 CDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 21:28, shelbijoseph<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Gert,
>
> The notepad just does n't open. When I click on notepad nothing happens.
> You have n't said the wine run command on terminal.

(I'm not sure excaly what you tried. It seem that you tried to run
wine's notepad from the menu "shortcut" that the package installs)

Does it work if you type 'wine notepad' in the terminal? (Applications
> Acessories > Terminal in Ubuntu Jaunty) (it actually runs wine and
tell it to start notepad, which is a build in utility. You can use it
to run any windows app. e.g. 'wine setup.exe' from the directory where
you downlaoded the setup of a Windows program)

When you run Wine fromt he terminal it gives some diagnostic output
which can be really useful for diagnosing your issue if you paste
it...