[Wine] problem when runing RCT3 demo from console

Pavel Ondracka wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 28 00:58:51 CDT 2009

Hi, I'm trying to run Roller Coaster Tycooon 3 demo with wine 1.1.28. It installed fine, and when I run it using gnome applications menu shortcut, game menu is working and it crash when loading new map. But that isn't my problem. Problem is, I want to run it from console, in order to see what caused the crash, so I cd into the game directory and I use command like this ( env WINEPREFIX="/home/Paulie/.RCT3" wine "C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Demo\RCT3.EXE" ). And now it crash almost instantly... so what is wrong? Can someone please explain me difference between running from gnome menu and from gnome terminal or is there some mistake in my commands?