[Wine] Re: problem when runing RCT3 demo from console

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 28 01:15:02 CDT 2009

Pavel Ondracka wrote:
> Problem is, I want to run it from console, in order to see what caused the crash, so I cd into the game directory and I use command like this ( env WINEPREFIX="/home/Paulie/.RCT3" wine "C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Demo\RCT3.EXE" ). And now it crash almost instantly... so what is wrong?

Have you checked what's the work directory is set to in the link Wine created? You can find it under ~/.local/share/applications/wine/

Also check that Wine is not already running. If still no go, post complete terminal output here if it isn't too big (<30 lines). If more, put on some pastebin and give us a link.