[Wine] Re: Will Wine let me load iTunes in Ubuntu 9.04

Scunnered wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 28 01:45:15 CDT 2009

Vitamin

Thanks for your reply.

Warren Dumortier advised "iTunes runs and installs on my computer with latest wine, however USB doesn't work, but the program itself does".

He however did not say whether he was using Jaunty so I am taking that on trust.  On that assumption my thoughts are that I update 9.04 to 9.10 in 64 bit.  Having done that I then load 9.04 32 bit and Wine.

If between now and the issue of 9.10 a 64 bit Wine becomes available I will then attempt to use it with the updated 9.10.

My level of experience with Linux is minimal so your suggestion of patching Wine is beyond me.  I will therefore be patient and hope that come October I will be able to achieve my aim of being completely Windows free.

Once again thanks