[Wine] help poor performance on ubuntu jaunty

Nicola Cocca nicocca2 at yahoo.it
Sat Aug 29 05:33:18 CDT 2009

Hi, I'm running bricscad V9 (CAD application) under wine-1.1.28. All installation and functionality is OK, but performance is really poor with respect to the same app. on the same machine under Windows XP.

So I think it's wine's fault. I checked for performance issues on the www, but I found no help. I also noticed the claim that NO performance fall-off should be expected and this is encouraging.

Where's the point? Direct rendering works OK for LINUX. Anyway:

   glxinfo|grep rendering

gives:

  get fences failed: -1
  param: 6, val: 0