[Wine] error using winetricks

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 29 20:37:45 CDT 2009

>im trying to use wachandler to use my hifi which is philips wac7000
>ive been told wine will run the handler but needs winetricks
>ive installed wine and winetricks but i need directx 9, jet40,mdac28,wininet,wmp10
>
>when i tell winetricks to install directx and the others, the downloading of each seem to freeze at 15% or there abouts
Don't do this.  If the download is freezing, there must be a problem with your Internet connection.  I can download 100% and I'm on a wireless WAN connection.

>so i reboot and try again and get the following error
>sah1sum mismatch! Rename /home/john/.winetrickscache /.diectx_mar2009_redist.exe and try again

Yes, you stopped the download.  You will have to start over again.

Fix your Internet connection so that the files completely download.  Winetricks uses your Linux connection natively.

James McKenzie