[Wine] error using winetricks

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 30 13:52:22 CDT 2009

Austin English wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM, n2media<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
>> ~/.winetrickscache
>> says bash: /home/john/.winetrickscache: is a directory
>>
>> how do i know if wine tricks is installed correctly?
>> when i downloaded the script i didnt know how to install it (new  to linux)
>> so i just typed ./winetricks in terminal
>>
>> if this wrong can someone help me install it correctly please
>>

> It's just a shell script, doesn't need installation. Just chmod it +x
> and use ./winetricks.
>
> To be sure, try:
> $ rm -rf ~/.winetrickscache winetricks
> $ wget kegel.com/wine/winetricks
> $ sh winetricks jet40

Also, to check winetricks you can type in ./winetricks.  You will get a
rather lengthy dialog box with all of the options for winetricks.  If
you get an error, such as 'unable to execute winetricks' then you will
have to use the chmod program to set the execute bit like so:

chmod u+x winetricks

and then run the command a second time.

James McKenzie