[Wine] Re: Chinese and Japanese input in WINE- does it work?

coolrat33 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 31 23:17:37 CDT 2009

Thank you for your reply

It is clear that I don't understand well enough the function of 'locale'

I was under the impression that if I changed my locale to "LANG=zh_CN.utf8", then this will change the menus of other programs to Chinese localizations.

I want only to be able to input Chinese and Japanese (using SCIM) in Linux and in programs running in WINE.  I want all menus to appear in English

Is this possible using the method you advised?  I don't want to change my system until I'm absolutely certain.  Recently SCIM stopped functioning owing to a locale problem and it took many days to fix.

Thank for advice!