[Wine] Re: Can I change from Development to Stable maintaining my apps?

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 1 18:57:38 CST 2009

oiaohm wrote:
> Sorry most likely swaping back to 1.0.1 it will not work due to registry differences between the wine versions.
>
> I am sorry to say 1.2 is not a offical wine version yet.   It something ubuntu has done.    Inside there is a 1.1.x something.   The 1.1.x development line is not compatible with 1.0.1 line.
>
> Ubuntu could not be happy with labing the wine development line what it is.  ie 1.1.x

I think that the issue lies precisely in the package name -- that cannot be changed from version to version. They could have used wine-stable and wine-dev, but that would also mislead users into thinking that stable is better. So I believe that they tried to make it easier on the less experienced users...

I can't say that they did it, though!