[Wine] X3 Terran Conflict on wine

shadowman2oo3 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 1 22:40:08 CST 2009

I've been working on getting X3 Terran Conflict working with wine.  I've actually been very successful at it but there are a couple of issues I can't seem to solve.

First after the game loads and I start a new game the HUD is not being rendered properly.  It flickers in and out and the elements like the station and icons are cut in half at a 45 Deg angle.  This tends to make navigation rather difficult.  I believe this is an issue in newer versions because it renders fine with version 1.1.25 but that version causes input issues between my keyboard and joystick.

Second I would use 1.1.25 to play if it wasn't for the joystick and keyboard issues.  If I have my joystick(Saitek X52) plugged in the keyboard freaks out as if the down cursor key is being held and keystrokes are repeated rapidly.  If the joystick is removed the keyboard is fine.  I have tried turning off key repeat in the system settings but that doesn't help.

System Info:
Gentoo Linux running kernel 2.6.31 x86
Radeon X1900XT ati open source driver from git, KMS enabled in kernel and Mesa 7.6.  This works well frame rates are about the same as in windows.
Wine Version 1.1.33
Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2GHZ
6GB Ram (Yes I know i'm running 32bit.  I have to in order for this to work because Gentoo's 32bit emulation libs are very outdated and I need Mesa 7.6 for KMS to work properly for this game)

Here is a pastebin of the output from the terminal http://pastebin.com/m45b476f4