[Wine] Re: Memory Limitations for WINE 1.1.33 under Mac OS Leopard

tpatko wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 3 08:19:01 CST 2009

DEAR WINE DEVELOPERS:

I have a question related to the lowering of the maximum memory allocation per process from version 1.1.21 to 1.1.33 (described in this post).

Are there any plans to release WINE that includes support for 32/64-bit multilib on Snow Leopard?  I believe that the Snow Leopard gcc compiler can now support this time of build as well as the Snow Leopard OS itself.

There are now many Windows applications that could greatly take advantage of a 32/64-bit multilib builds (older Win32 API for graphical portions of programs and 64-bit for computational and memory intensive back-end computing) and I believe that there are very many Mac users that use WINE.

Your consideration and comments are appreciated to this related follow-up question.

Thanks,

Thomas