[Wine] Can I point Driver C to a partition with windows

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Thu Dec 3 19:45:37 CST 2009

phamnhatkhang at gmail.com wrote:
> okay, I saw the FAQ.
Good.
> So how if I copy all the library file from windows\system32 to wine\windows\system32?
Don't copy all of them. In fact, you should really avoid trying to copy
any of them at all. Only when you absolutely positively HAVE to do you
copy a DLL from a Windows installation. And never EVER copy any of the
following DLLs, EVER:

ntdll.dll
kernel32.dll
user32.dll
gdi32.dll
advapi32.dll
winmm.dll

There's more, but for the sake of brevity, I won't list them.
> If not, What can I do to help wine's windows be stronger to use some program which isn't worked. Such ua Corel Draw x4, Visual Studio 2008...
Go to the AppDB and find out:

http://appdb.winehq.org/

Chip