[Wine] Component not correctly registered

emarsh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 4 13:55:18 CST 2009

I'm trying to install an app under Wine and during the installation process I get several messages that there is a problem registering some dlls. When I try to run the app I get messages such as this one:

Run-time error '339'

Component 'DataqSdk.ocx' or one of its dependencies not registered. A file is missing or invalid.

This app installs and runs fine under windows. I know that nobody here is able to debug this problem for me but I'm hoping for some suggestions on how I can proceed to attack the problem myself. Can I, for example, yank registry items from the windows registry and insert them into the Wine registry? Is this something that the application writer has to fix? Is there another approach?

Thanks for your assistance.

Eric