[Wine] Sentinal USB dongled program

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 7 18:17:29 CST 2009

Gert van den Berg wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 20:54, pj <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>> Hello Chip
>>
>> well, bit the bullet, built, configured and made wine. "Make install" gives me an error - perhaps I need to use sudo make install,
>>but I am loathe to go further without a little in the way of pointers. Wine is already installed on the computer. Here is the code
>> - I have left out all the repeated bits:
>>
>You don't need to install wine, you can run it directly from the
>directory where it was compiled to. (You need to specify the path to
>the executable though e.g. ~/wine-git/wine application.exe)

However, he needs to make sure that library files will be read from that location first as well or the libraries from the installed wine will be read in and cause confusing and erroneous results.  For example the USB support code from Wine does not include dongle support but the built libraries will.

>make install needs to run as root.

Yes, simple:

[code]
sudo make install

or
su -
make install
exit

[/code]

This will install Wine to the appropriate directories.  This should be done AFTER insuring that your custom build will run!

James McKenzie