[Wine] Sentinal USB dongled program

Gustav Degreef gustav97 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 01:05:55 CST 2009

On 12/8/09, pj <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hello Gustav,
>
>  [/quote]
>
> I keep an eye on this list for years due this issue because I have a
>  dongled program and it is the only one that keeps me from ditching
>  windows permanently.  It uses an Aladdin dongle.  I use wine for other
>  programs and upgrade it often on opensuse.  I'm looking forward to the
>  day when the ongle it is supported since wine gets better and better.
>
> Gustav[/quote]
>
>  I have received an email from Alexander Morozov. His suggestion is:
>
>  You should put a driver to
>  windows/system32/drivers manually. I tested Sentinel key with
>  vid=04b9,pid=0300 and sntnlusb.sys driver. It worked after adding these
>  entries to a registry:
>
>  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_04b9&Pid_0300\5&6d75465&0&1]
>  "ClassGUID"="{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}"
>  "HardwareID"="system32\DRIVERS\SNTNLUSB.SYS"
>  "Service"="SNTNLUSB"
>
>  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNTNLUSB]
>  "ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
>  "ImagePath"="system32\\DRIVERS\\SNTNLUSB.SYS"
>  "Type"=dword:00000001
>  "Start"=dword:00000003
>
>  Hope that helps you. I have not yet tried it out, but will do this week.
>
>  Kind regards

Very kind of you to give me that info.  Before your mail, following
this thread, I had gone to the official wine wiki and checked the
necessary packages to build wine on a 64 bit system.  I don't have 1/2
of what I need.  So I mulled it over and put off the process.  Your
mail gives me encouragement.  I don't know if Suse has a process to
get all the needed rpm's like Ubuntu has for it's packages.  Otherwise
the amount of work is doable, but I am pressed for time.  Let's see.
Wine is a fabulous program.  I decided ten years ago that I would get
my program (Radar - homeopathic software) to run on wine.  I'm still
short of that but I have not given up.  Gustav