[Wine] Re: Wine over QUEMU in PPC

guybrush.d wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 8 13:09:53 CST 2009

Hi guys,
i'm brand new on this forum but i hope to help with my experience,
just this here i bought form USA (i'm italian) a wonderful apple clamshell g3
with mac os installed, i just deleted it and i tried different distros (SUSE,
SLACKINTOSH, YELLOW DOG, UBUNTU).
I can say the most two valuable are SUSE and UBUNTU, i prefered the last one,
also missing the wifi led, i preferred to install xfce desktop (it has the wonderful mac theme)
because my laptop is just a 366mhz, but it works good!
Now i looked around and i find (with google) that is possible to run x86 apps through
qemu, on suse.org you will find a topic (http://en.opensuse.org/PowerPC_x86_Emulator) where they explain how to make an x86 emulator for ppc
i didn't try it yet but it looks a good start!
 :D CIAO