[Wine] Re: Photoshop CS2 Refuses to Install

GoremanX wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 9 01:33:41 CST 2009

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I found a way around the problem, but now it fails elsewhere instead!!!

I set WINEPREFIX=/opt/.wine and started a whole new environment to make sure everything was clean. My intention was to copy /opt/.wine to ~/.wine after Photoshop CS2 was installed.

I installed the required fonts and vb6run and vcrun2003 and all the other typical winetricks things. I started up the Photoshop CS2 installer. Since C:\ now resides on a local disk, I was able to select a destination for installation.

And when it starts to copy the files, I get this error in the console:

err:msi:ACTION_CallDllFunction Custom action (L"C:\\windows\\temp\\msiaf25.tmp":L"CleanXHTML") caused a page fault: c0000005

and the installer crashes and disappears.

So far, this is just about the opposite of "just works". I've never had so much trouble installing a Platinum level application with Wine before.