[Wine] Re: Photoshop CS2 Refuses to Install

GoremanX wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 9 10:03:20 CST 2009

vitamin wrote:

> DaVince wrote:
> > I forgot to mention that it's a good idea to file a bug about network shares and installers
>
> That would be kind of pointless. NFS mount is a network drive. If installer refuses to install on network drive - file bug with the maker of such installer.

Wrong, there's definitely a Wine bug here.

One of the things I tried was to create a new drive called X:\ that was located at ~/.wine/drive_x (on a network share). I specifically set this drive to show up as a "Local drive" in winecfg. But when I tried to install Photoshop to it, it gave me the same error as in the OP.

Also, I should be able to edit the Advanced settings for the C:\ drive, but I cannot. They're grayed out. Not that it matters, since using the "Local disk" option doesn't work anyways (hence the bug).

It shouldn't matter if ~/.wine is on a local disk or scratched on the moon, when I set a drive to "Local disk" in winecfg, it should show up as a local disk to Windows applications. So I will file a bug report.