[Wine] Re: Wine stopped after winetricks dcom98

Ditzian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 9 13:43:17 CST 2009

Gert van den Berg wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 18:32, Ditzian <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > Is deleting ~/.wine a sure way to fix things?  I am able to reload the programs.  One of them has an address database; I believe I backed it up, but I can dig into ~wine for it and save it separately.
> >

> All Wine's settings except the Start menu / file type intergration is
> saved there.
>
> See:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-9893ae50079ca7a959258f0bc9a17aaf2e69b391
>
> Gert

Gert,

I renamed .wine in my home directory as .wine.bak.  I also tried to reinstall wine.  However:

there is no .wine directory
when i put in the CD for one program, it asks me what to use to open it, and when I select Wine, the apply button does not appear
the two Windows programs that were installed are still in the KDE menu

Jan