[Wine] Re: printting hack with wine in linux ????

fachamix wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 9 21:04:41 CST 2009

thanks a lot to everybody for the replies.

> On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 12:51 -0600, fachamix wrote:
> Quote:
> I have serious problems with printters in linux ... really serious.
> I have been searching teh drivers for the epson`s FX series, and nothing.
>
> The Epson FX series were 9-pin dot matrix printers, so configure a CUPS
> printer using the Epson 9-pin driver.
>
> Don't forget to enable "Publish shared printers connected to this
> system" so WINE can see your CUPS server.
>

> Martin

I did it, I tried those dirvers, but they suck with  the FX series. the printting is slow (2 or 3 passes per line), and the quality is really crappy

I also tried the generic dot matrix printer, also the same problem.

I tried the generic TEXT ONLY driver provided in Ubuntu 9.04, and works perfectly ... but!!!!!!, It does not allow me to use CUSTOM PAGE SIZE!!!! and I need this feature!

I will try the LQ drivers and the MX drivers also

thanks a lot.

have anyone use DDIWRAPPER ,..... it suppouse to wrap printer drivers of windows to use them in linux.