[Wine] Re: Photoshop CS2 Refuses to Install

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 9 23:18:11 CST 2009

GoremanX wrote:
> Wrong, there's definitely a Wine bug here.
> One of the things I tried was to create a new drive called X:\

You forgetting that most installers still install loads of crap on the system drive. And if they explicitly check for C: being a local disk then it's a problem with installer. And it will fail in the same way on Windows (if you can manage to put c: drive on the network).

GoremanX wrote:
> Also, I should be able to edit the Advanced settings for the C:\ drive, but I cannot. They're grayed out.

They are disabled for a reason. If you don't know how to edit them then you shouldn't be touching them in the first place.

GoremanX wrote:
> It shouldn't matter if ~/.wine is on a local disk or scratched on the moon, when I set a drive to "Local disk" in winecfg, it should show up as a local disk to Windows applications.

No, NFS/CIFS doesn't support some things that are available on local mounts. And most of those things can't be emulated by Wine. Laing to an application will get you only so far.