[Wine] "WINHTTP_OPTION_SECURITY_FLAGS unimplemented" cnc RA3

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 10 11:52:53 CST 2009

"J.o.s.h" wrote:

>Hey there :D,
>I installed Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 (+ the uprising) on Mandriva Linux 2010.0 using wine 1.1.34.
>There was no trouble during the installation, but starting the game causes a crash after the splash screen. I set the winhttp
>library on "builtin (wine)" just the way the appdb howto tells. This didn't change anything.
>
>However: If I start  RA3 by "wine RA3.exe" i'm receiving this reply:
>

>Code:
Can you post the entire terminal output to a site like Pastebin.com and post the URL where we can look at it back into this forum entry?

>I can't tell what exactly is unimplemented and how to implement it, but i can tell that I didn't have this problem using Mandriva >2009.1 and an older wine version (yes, i also tried using an older wine version, but this didn't solve anything).

Do you still have Mandriva around?  If so, can you run the program there and post what happens?

Sorry to say, but this may have multiple origins and the Linux kernel may be one of them.

Can you post your kernel version here as well.

Thank you.

James McKenzie