[Wine] Re: Rosetta Stone/Wine not able to detect language iso

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 11 16:42:43 CST 2009

greenmetal wrote:
> Can you tell me how to do it starting with mounting iso as a CDROM.

Any ISO is mounted as a CD-ROM because the ISO is the file-system used in CD-ROMs. Google it if you have too, since you already found out how crappy we are.

What you have to do is "tell" wine that the ISO is a CD-ROM.

First, mount it, memorize where you mounted it.

Then, add it to the list of devices in winecfg (google it, once more, see if google is better than we are). Make sure that you set it as a CD-ROM drive.

Now it should be mounted with the letter that you specified.

> In my experience WinHQ is crap. It's frustrating to make application work.

I'm so glad that you feel that way about the people that try to help you. And you gave your opinion in such a carefully planned way, including all spell-checking. I think I love you now, please don't leave.

P.S: Every time I stated "we", I meant all posters and/or people who felt offended; by no means am I officially associated with WineHQ, whatsoever.