[Wine] Application robust testing

siliconcreature wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 12 11:15:35 CST 2009

Hello all,

Right now I have a windows application in the testing phase, my boss also want me to test it on the wine platform, it basiclly works. but He also ask me to do a random user input testing generated by software. i have been trying to use x11 extension xtest to do it. it works some how, but I for the edit control i can not get focused on. so i am thinking writing a testing program in wine.

Can I modify the wine source code to create another process at the same time wine is loading the application exe, the new process will share the same resource with the application, and it can use send_message/get message to simulate user input? will there be other options to write a automatically testing process?

Thanks,
Alex