[Wine] winetricks directx9 test needed

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 18:36:31 CST 2009

Howdy wine-users,

Apparently 'winetricks directx9' crashes on Mac OS X, but works if the
windows version is set to winxp instead of win2k (inside winetricks
itself). The installer doesn't work under wine perfectly, so
installing as win2k or winxp gives different installs. I don't game
much, and the few games I do play don't depend on directx9. So, Dan
and I need some testers. Please test your games that need directx9 in
some way, and try manually editing winetricks to use winxp instead of
win2k (change 'set_winver win2k' to 'set_winver winxp' inside
load_directx9()). Let me know which version works better.

--
-Austin