[Wine] Re: Quo mapping software no longer working

Gewitty wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 13 14:04:42 CST 2009

It looks as if there is something seriously broken in WINE. I've tried doing a complete un-install/re-install again in Synaptic. I also removed the .wine folder before the re-installation. But once I had WINE up and running again (using XP as the default Windows installation), I couldn't install any programs successfully.  .NET failed; MONO seemed to install and appears in the WINE menu, but none of its pre-loaded apps will run. I also tried a couple of simple apps which had always run successfully before, but although they installed they also failed to run.

What puzzles me is that having deleted the .wine folder and completely removed Wine with Synaptic, I would have thought that there was nothing left and that a clean installation should have worked OK.