[Wine] Re: Steam games not working under OpenSuse 11.2

Subsidiarity wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 13 14:19:49 CST 2009

vitamin wrote:

> Subsidiarity wrote:
> > Why would winmm.dll fail to initialize?
>
> The only reason I can think of - you using patched Wine and / or pulseaudio which doesn't work with Wine.

Thanks. I will check when I get home tomorrow about pulse audio. I should be able to figure that out.

But I'm interested in knowing what you mean by patched Wine. I'm running what I was able to download using YaST (1.1.28-2.3). I haven't done anything else to it that I'm aware of.  And I can give you the code from Half Life (original) also. It crashes with a popup window saying something quite specific:  fatal error: could not load filesystem.dll. filesystem crashed during construction. I'll get the code for it tomorrow.
Thanks again.