[Wine] Re: MENUS don't go away?

James186282 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 16 13:51:51 CST 2009

Boy I'm dumber then I thought.  And that AM dumb... So...

I invoked it by going to the directory that I compiled wine and typed

./wine OmniGlyph.exe
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out
fixme:ddraw:DirectDrawEnumerateExA flags 0x00000001 not handled
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couuldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter

BTW I get a window that says "Wine Gecko Installer"
Wine could not find a Gecko package which is needed for applications embedding HTML to work correctly.  Wine can automatically download and install it for you.   - Note it's recommended to use distro packages instead.  See http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko for details.

Am I correct in assuming all of these errors are an apparent lack of having OpenGL on my machine?  Also *Moron Question part 2.  I'm trying to remove another version of Wine.  When I try the script its "warns" me not to do so as the super user but....  It never lets me complete this action.  And as I'm using Puppy which (I think) is always in super user mode?!

BTW this is