[Wine] CabExtract on Mac OS X

hotai wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 17 21:06:05 CST 2009

Hey there everyone. I have finally gotten wine to work-ish on 10.6.1 Snow Leopard but when I try to use winetricks to install things I get the error

Code:
Cannot find cabextract.  Please install it (e.g. 'sudo apt-get install cabextract' or 'sudo yum install cabextract').

I have looked for over 3 days now and I can't find out how to install it using MacPorts... I don't really want to install another port thingy, and I won't lie that this is all VERY new to me. I'm pretty much just muscling my way through it all.

So any suggestions?